Reset : A Leader’s Guide to Work, Workers, and Workplaces in an Age of Upheaval and Beyond - Paperback
If leaders don't get culture right at this defining moment, they won't survive the war for talent, much less thrive in the future of work.
The pandemic has upended everything about the workplace, but far and away the biggest challenge facing leaders isn't technology, innovation, or even leadership: It's engendering a culture that readily finds, develops and engages the right talent to thrive now and in the future.
Informed by more than 70 years of experience and expertise and propelled by extensive original SHRM research, RESET delivers a candid and forward-thinking vision for leaders to reimagine their company cultures in a time of global upheaval and presents data-driven strategies to make the necessary foundational RESET to All Things Work.
Johnny C . Taylor, Jr., C EO & President of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the right voice at the right time to make this statement. SHRM is respected all over the world and is poised to fully tap its power to boldly lead, influence, and shake up the conversation and practices around work. The message of this book, and its messenger, Johnny C . Taylor, Jr., will change that.
Companies holding out for a return to the way things used to be do so at their own peril. Now is the time for leaders to completely reimagine, reorganize, and RESET their operations to create a more daring, resilient and sustainable future. This is the book that will guide them exactly when they most need it.
Part call to action, part strategic roadmap, RESET challenges business leaders' underlying assumptions about workers and the workplace, delivers practical strategies for finding and keeping the talent needed to make businesses successful, and introduces dynamic tools to sustain that success over the long haul.
* RESET means leaders must face the hard truth that their biggest challenge isn't technology, innovation, or even leading-it's finding, developing, and engaging the right talent to thrive now and in the future.
* RESET means developing inclusive organizations that leverage differences for measurable growth and innovation.
* RESET means deepening and diversifying your talent pools, now and for the long term.
* RESET means redefining the employee experience.
* RESET means crafting a strategic advantage byfinding and tapping intothe unique powers of non-traditional talent pools.
* RESET means reconsidering workplace policies and reinventing skills development.