The Manga Guide to Physiology
Join Kumiko in The Manga Guide to Physiology as she examines the inner workings of the body while training hard for the campus marathon. You'll learn all about:
- How the digestive system and the Citric Acid Cycle break food down into nutrients and energy
- How the body regulates temperature and vital fluids
- The bodyâ€™s powerful cell defense system, led by helper T cells and enforced by macrophages
- The architecture of the central nervous system
- The kidneys' many talents: blood filtration, homeostasis, and energy production
You'll also gain insight into medical procedures like electrocardiograms, blood pressure tests, spirograms, and more.
Whether you're cramming for a test like Kumiko or just want a refresher, The Manga Guide to Physiology is your fun, cartoon guide to the human body.